Monday, May 18, 2015

Color and Flower Inspired Works!

In my last blog entry, I discussed how colors and flowers frequently inspired my jewelry and bead making. I invited feedback from my readers, and I'm thrilled to have some responses to share!  (Keep them coming!)



Shirley Jones Moore makes intriguing components from seed beads!   She mentioned in her comments from the last post that she was very inspired by color.


Sparkle Berry Cubes
Sparkle Berry Cubes
IMG_3100
Galaxy Bead
 

And sure enough, just look at these fabulous colors for Spring and  Summer!   You can find more of Shirley's components at:


There is lots more to see, 
including this red/white Peppermint Twister pair!
Great color and delightful photography!



From Natalie Pappas, creator of fabulously unique pottery beads, we have this lovely bead inspired by flowers!



Peach Rose Porcelain Bead

Peach Rose Porcelain Bead


Also check out Natalie's other store and blog on her website:

To see more of Natalie's flower-themed beads,
click:
  Here!




And finally, I've included a couple of my own most recent flower-inspired pieces of jewelry.  


Fresh Flowers and Relic Necklace with artisan-made pottery beads and copper accents
Fresh Flowers and Relic Necklace with artisan-made pottery beads and copper accents

Metapolies™ (Etsy)

<
Includes artisan-made pottery beads by Natalie Pappas (NKP Designs), Marti Conrad (Marti's Buttons-n-Beads), and Jenny Gholson-Morris (EclecticPrairie). Focal flower bead is by Tracee Dock (Classic Bead).>

Daisy-in-heart necklace, pottery pendant, lampwork beads, hand-made, artisan beads, OOAK

Daisy-in-heart necklace, pottery pendant, lampwork beads, hand-made, artisan beads, OOAK

Metapolies™ (Etsy)
< Ceramic focal by Suzieqbeads.  Polka dot lampwork beads from Crazy Lady Glass.>


To see more of my flower items
just click:  
here! 

4 comments:

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Beautiful work, Sharyl. But then, all of your designs are (:

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

Fun post! Thanks for the shout out! :)

Such pretty pendants and beads!

Shirley said...

Thanks for the shout out dear! I do love all the fresh springtime color in this post. It always amazes me how a color can change your mood, from happy to intense, moody to calm. These are definitely happy colors!

Sharyl said...

Thank you all, 3 of the nicest people I know! Shirley and Natalie, I was honored to show off your work which I so admire! Catherine, thanks for the kind words. Our admiration is mutual!

If anyone else has items whey would like to submit, please do! I'll be happy to run another posting with your creations! --Sharyl