Sunday, March 18, 2012

i heart macro: Rainy March Day 2012



You may recall that last week, I went out in the last of the rain, with a fair bit a chill, and took some nature shots.  I hadn't done that in a while and I was inspired by all those I had been seeing here!


First though, it seemed dark out and the camera didn't want to focus.   Then my batteries ran out.   So I came in the house, changed batteries, went back out in the rain, and by then it was really getting chilly.   It was even darker and I still had trouble focusing the camera, got these few shots, came in, then the lens got stuck.  UGH--not a happy macro camper!   So things are on the right track again, and here are my photos from LAST  week.   


I took a couple of shots under similar almost-too-dark conditions Sat. evening, but I think those will need to wait for next week!  Ha!   (I'm either behind or a week ahead, depending on how you look at things!)



North side of the tree, perhaps?


Think these will be my daylilies...


...and iris.

I transplanted flowers from various parts of my yard
into a new garden space last year, 
so I'm just looking at the sprouts and guessing this year!


Oops!

Yes, another attempt at a shade garden 
under the tall old trees in our yard!
Limbs happen!

#12:   "Little Bud that Could"

I can't believe I ever got this bud, 
but look how gray the sky is getting!
I shot it over and over and over again, 
until it finally focused.  
Then I took 2 shots to be sure, 
but they are nearly identical.

Finally, signs that spring has sprung 
in my little piece of the world!   
Next week I'll show you what else has sprung!  :-)


I have a funny feeling others may be thinking of Spring too.
Let's pop on over to Studio Waterstone to see!

Click here for more "I heart Macro"


Thanks for stopping by!  


Sharyl / Sharyl's Jewelry

* * * * * * * * *

Image Credits:


Rain cloud:  http://www.wpclipart.com/weather/BW/.cache/rain_heavy.png


Camera:  http://www.wpclipart.com/camera/.cache/camera_pictogram.png

7 comments:

Carole M. said...

A lovely time of year full of expectations as you walk around your gardens. Regardless of the gloomy day, you did so well with sweet captures Sharyl

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love all the shots and I love that you didn't give up. Can't wait to see what you have to share next week!

Leah said...

Perseverance paid off!
I feel your pain. We have been blessed with unusually sunny skies lately but dark clouds and rainy days are pretty norm where I live.
Love your photos...they perfectly capture the hope of Spring; may favorite season.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Cheers,
Leah

LisaS said...

Great photos!

Linda Landig said...

I love your photos and this time of year. I especially liked the little iris sprouts. Thanks for sharing.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

You'll soon be sharing spring flowers as well as greenery.

Anonymous said...

love the greenery in the yard. good for you!